Tuesday, February 8, 2011

best. sleep. ever.

Yesterday's big ol' ten minutes of exercise was spent performing my new favourite pre-sleep activity (naw, not THAT favourite pre-sleep activity). Indeed it is Yogatic's Yoga: an evening practice, which I've mentioned before but not named. Pretty amazing stuff. The instructor is Esther Ekhart, who is as calming to look at as she is to listen to. She doesn't seem like she necessarily exists in the present day, which is as refreshing as it is untrue. Anyway, I practise this in the dark and it's been really great for me. I've finished the full video and sometimes only some of it (computer crashing, self-imposed exercise time constraint), and every time, including the notorious night before I work at the Farmer's Market, it's lulled me to sleep while watching X-Files episodes before bed (yes, even extra spooky and gory ones).


Esther: calming to look at, even hangin' with a tiger 


I'm excited that tonight marks the switch to a full fifteen minutes of daily exercise for this week, and I can finish this video every night if I wish. It's an incredibly easy practice. For someone who's never done yoga, this is as low-key as it comes. And it will put you to sleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeep, or at least it does me.

No comments: