Saturday, February 12, 2011

Only women bleed

So I didn't do yoga last night. I'd already settled down and gotten too comfortable and didn't want to risk getting revved up/distracted the night before the market. I made a deal with myself that if I couldn't get to sleep, I'd get up and do yoga, but zzzzz...........

Long day standing at the farmer's market today. My feet felt like cold, heavy plastic bags filled with damp soil. First day of my period. Forgot my tea mug. Shiiiit. 

Anyway, I decided I'd look up some yoga poses for menstrual pain. It's amazing that I knew this kind of thing existed for oh, 13 years or so, and I never bothered to try it. I always felt like during ladytimes I didn't want to do any exercise no matter what. Anyway, after clicking on one really stupid video that was advertisy and required too much equipment and offered no substitutes, I found this gem. It's basically a lady helping another lady into a comfortable laying position where she's instructed to lay there for 15 minutes with a heating pad, all bolstered and bundled up. Bruce was beside me while I watched the video so when it came time to get myself into the "Queen for a Day" pose, he helped me out, jacked me up with pillows and covered me up. I asked for him to light incense for me and he said, "be happy with what you have, honey," and so I was inclined to do so.


So I laid there for close to a half hour, hangin' with the string of LED coloured lights and the sounds and smells of pasta boiling away in the kitchen. 


The best part me doing this "yoga pose" today was that in the past, having my period meant that I missed days during my exercise regime and it became super easy to fall off the wagon and not get back on. Sometimes I wouldn't exercise again until I felt bloated and gross before my next period. Now I have a placeholder yoga exercise so I won't get thrown off course. And it was relaxing and fun and MY MENSTRUAL PAIN IS GONE. Ok, it's about a 1 where it was a 7 or so before. Also radiating down my legs and killing my back. Can only feel it a little in my belly now. Awesome sauce. Thanks, InsideOutYoga. I was ye of little faith at first. 


Now for some more X-Files!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I will try this next month! <3