Thursday, December 9, 2010

Day 11


This is two days' worth of clearing. I finished 95% of this one last night, but of course it's not finished until it's finished and things are looking (as) fabulous (as possible). This is the other thing I stare at (remember the ugly metal shelf?) while in bed. Gorgeous, huh?

Yes, thank you-- I think it looks a lot bette too. I could still use a better receptacle for my stockings, but I suppose there've been worse places to store one's stockings than cardboard coffins. And yes, I did hang up the painting that I found on the side of the road. I think it's pretty cute.

I forgot to take a close-up of my CD collection before I went at it, but here's a photo of that side of the livingroom before I started this project. Spot the mess of CDs!

And here they are now. As you can see, I got rid of a bunch (blank cds, blank cases, CDs to give away and sell) and reorganized the ones I'm keeping. The small rack is for CDs I'm gonna give one more chance before deciding to give away and also CDs that I've borrowed. The pile beside it is those awful CDs that don't fit in cases (what do you do with these? They are AWFUL!) and the cardboard slips I needed to take off the CDs in order to fit them in the cases. Maybe I'll get rid of those. They're literally taking up space and I'm not a "collector" of music, I just love to listen to it. My boxed sets/larger collections are in the office. I'll admit that I didn't put them in any order when I reorganized them, but I'll definitely do that another night when it's not so late. So, I have two racks for Bruce to use now. He can get his CDs out of milk crates! 




No comments: